Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Rookie

• 

107 Posts

January 29th, 2019 15:00

A reliable internal DVD RW for Optiplex 9010

My Optiplex 9010 MT has an internal DVD RW going bad (won't stop spinning with CD in place).  The current drive is a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW SH-216BB.  What would be a reliable one to replace this one with?

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

January 29th, 2019 16:00

I have an LG DVD burner and one by Plextor.  Both were ordered from Amazon.  The LG is 2 yrs. old now and like new.  I ordered a used Plextor and it came in brand new condition.  I use 2 different brands just in case a CD or DVD doesn't read or read well, I can try it in the other one.  Both drives are fast and accurate.

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

January 29th, 2019 20:00

I didn't know there were older Japanese DVD burners considered better built.  Could this be what you're looking for?:  EBay Plextor DVD Burner

The mfr. date on mine is May 2018, so quite new.  It was the last used one from Amazon.com.  However, it looks like eBay has quite a few used units.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plextor

1 Rookie

• 

107 Posts

Where did you buy the used Plextor drive, and was it one of the older, better built(Japanese?) units?

1 Rookie

• 

107 Posts

Where did you get the used Plextor, and is it one of the older, better built (Japanese?) units?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 30th, 2019 10:00

For 5.25 burner, I suggest LG (like this one) .

They have all had Burn-Proof for many years. Now, most models even have M-DISC.

If you want to upgrade to Blu-Ray instead, let me know. We can find you one of those instead.

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

January 30th, 2019 13:00

I'm still going to suggest LG and Plextor.  My Plextor drive read a CD with pictures that went bad a little farther than the LG drive.  Also, after tapping the link, scroll down and you'll see Amazon has a used one if you want to shave off $6.

No Events found!