Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Community Manager

• 

377 Posts

July 25th, 2022 03:00

DS 07/25: You prefer to run your system, over wireless or ethernet network connection?

If given a choice, do you prefer running your system over wireless or ethernet for your network connection

For more questions regarding this contest, please visit the Information Page here.

1 Rookie

• 

35 Posts

July 25th, 2022 16:00

In most situaltions I choose a wired connection.  It's fast and consistent.  

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

July 25th, 2022 17:00

I run it wireless (USB 3.0) because so that it's only online when I want it to be.  I run an earlier version of Win10 on one of the boot drives that doesn't have a few bugs I don't like that newer versions have.

After being sent malware back in 2013, I'm still a little paranoid of the internet and may even be over-cautious.  I made a whole 'nother post about antivirus including the malware here. 

A couple of exceptions:  I use Ethernet when loading Win10.  Loading/setup seems more convenient that way.  Other exception is to test actual internet speed if the Spectrum router is acting up and resetting it doesn't help.

Ethernet may be faster in some cases depending on internet speed.  The WiFi dongle I use has a higher speed rating than my internet.

192 Posts

July 25th, 2022 17:00

Guess it depends on location. Given a choice certainly wired. No wired available, have to go wireless.

What are all these questions from Dell-Jordan about anyway? I thought it was spam.  Why not create another forum for this stuff?

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

July 25th, 2022 18:00

Hi @68cutlass,

Dell-KodySwenson explained it in another post:  "most of the questions, if not all, were questions asked on the forum that have not had a solution or a helpful reply."

Community Manager

• 

573 Posts

July 27th, 2022 07:00

Good question! There was a link at the bottom of the Original Posted question with more information on this contests (more contests will be continuing to follow this one that are different, as well as another round of this specific contest in a few weeks). And for future reference, anything that comes from a Dell- Account should not be spam. 

No Events found!