Unsolved

B

1 Rookie

• 

11 Posts

March 12th, 2019 13:00

Dell DW1530 KVCX1 8VP82 Wireless Low Profile PCI-e Card

Greetings,

Looking for some help.  I have a Dell Optiplex 7010 Desktop version (one step down from the Mini Tower).  I have purchased a Dell DW1530 KVCX1 8VP82 Wireles Low Profile PCI-e Card w/ RU297 WX492 Antenna

and added to the onboard PCI slot for which it fits. 

I also added (replaced the DW1530 mini-pcie card) with a Broadcom BCM94352HMB Dell DW1550 802.11ac WiFi Card Bluetooth 4.0 867Mbps  card.

It works perfectly fine in Windows 10 64-bit with the old (WiFi Only) and the new card.  The problem is that I am not getting BlueTooth.

I have been searching the web for anything about this adapter, and coming up with nothing. 

Conceivably adding the DW1550 should have given me both WiFi and BlueTooth.  I have seen other users who have simply swapped out their Mini PCIe cards in laptops, etc and they get both. 

I was noticing that there is a USB (9-pin) connector on the card.  Does this need to be connected to the USB header on the motherboard?  (see image)

MiniPCIe Adapter.pngSeeking any advice/input.

Thanks

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 12th, 2019 14:00

AFAIK, you can only have ONE WiFi card installed.

If the one you like has no Bluetooth, this USB-based Kinivo is good.

1 Rookie

• 

11 Posts

March 13th, 2019 04:00

Tesla,

While I appreciate your answer, you did not fully read my message.  There is only ONE wifi card in the system. 

The Adapter I bought was for the 7010.  I simply removed the Mini PCIe card which is attached to the board and replaced it with another card which has BlueTooth on it. 

I stated this in my message.  I have a USB BlueTooth adapter that DOES work, I want to do as much INTERNAL as I can. 

My question was more directed about the USB Header on the card.  Does it need to be used in order to get the BlueTooth to work, or does this card even support that USB header?

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

11 Posts

March 14th, 2019 10:00

Does anyone know what the PIN-LAYOUT is for the Optiplex 7010 USB header?  What about the DELL KVCX1 card (as pictured)?

I can make a cable if I know what the pin layout is. 

Thanks

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 14th, 2019 11:00

@bearhntr28 wrote:

to get the BlueTooth to work,

In Device Manager, does the "Broadcom BCM94352HMB Dell DW1550 802.11ac WiFi Card Bluetooth 4.0 867Mbps card" appear and drivers are loaded properly?

In Windows-10 64bit, does the BlueTooth icon appear in TaskTray ?

Is so, but still not working ... it's likely "an antenna problem". One old-style-antenna does not magically work for all flavors or WiFi and BlueTooth. :Smile:

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

@bearhntr28 wrote:

Does anyone know what the PIN-LAYOUT is for the Optiplex 7010 USB header?  What about the DELL KVCX1 card (as pictured)?

I doubt it. A clue is that it was covered.

And I also doubt it has anything to do with a solution.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

@bearhntr28 wrote:

The Adapter I bought was for the 7010.  I simply removed the Mini PCIe card which is attached to the board and replaced it with another card which has BlueTooth on it. 

I understand now.

This (the PCIe-holder-card and antenna box) is a proprietary "factory build-time" hardware option from a different time in computer-history.

Not sure why you thought that swapping the cards would work.

Only certain mini-cards are fully supported.

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-WX492-RU297-WP680-Compatible/dp/B00DWG98OI

No Events found!