Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

November 11th, 2018 11:00

Dell Optiplex 755, Dell HD 7570 video card, Vista 64-bit

Hi, New computer user here, and trying to get this all to come together. I have an Optiplex 755 (A22 BIOS) with a Dell (AMD) Radeon HD 7570 Video Card, and Vista 64-bit installed and running on the 755. Trying to get these to all come together with Video drivers. Downloaded AMD's Vista 64-bit Drivers for HD 7570 and got errors during install. Catalyst installs the HDMI Audio, and Catalyst Software, but Catalyst will not install the Video drivers on my machine, which are listed as Vista 64-bit drivers. Is there a work-around for this? I'm extremely limited on resources and this is what I have to work with, for now. Hoping to get some help here from the pros? Thanks in advance, James

5.6K Posts

November 11th, 2018 15:00

1. install Windows Vista 64-bit

2. install Intel Chipset Software driver

3. install all other drivers

Because Microsoft is no longer providing security updates for Vista, you are opening yourself up to malware if you choose to use the PC online.

If it was me, I would install Linux or CloudReady (which is turns PC into a Chromebook).

Optiplex 755 is certified to run CloudReady.

https://guide.neverware.com/supported-devices/

3 Posts

November 11th, 2018 20:00

first thing that might help is upgrading the cpu, depending on what processor you have in it, it can run the q6700 which is a quad core, 7gb of ram, although the dell site says 8 but mine wont boot with 8 in it, and i have a 4gb graphics card, so this topic i wonder about myself, as far as what is the biggest gpu the board can run

November 11th, 2018 22:00

I have never experienced this issue with AMD Drivers before, but I do have a small suggestion. Try going into Device Manager, double click Display adapters to bring down the drop-down menu, right click your video card with the missing driver, click Update driver, then click to Search Automatically for a driver. This has gotten some troublesome video cards to work for me.

6 Professor

• 

7.4K Posts

November 12th, 2018 19:00

@nyc10036 wrote:

Because Microsoft is no longer providing security updates for Vista, you are opening yourself up to malware if you choose to use the PC online.

Not that it's the only choice, but McAfee is the best and most comprehensive antivirus I know of.

If you're not into Win10, I'd think you'd be happier with Win7 than Vista.  I Googled Win7 Pro support from Microsoft, but couldn't screengrab.  "Don't worry: Microsoft won't end security updates for your Windows 7 PC until Jan. 14, 2020. For those of you using a Windows 7 machine, Microsoft is ending mainstream support for the operating system today. Don't panic, though. Your computer will still work and receive security updates. Jan 13, 2015"

No Events found!