Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

4 Posts

October 19th, 2018 12:00

Dual DP - Optiplex 7040 - AGAIN - KNOWN BUG?

First of all. Please do not respond to me telling me to check the cable or change the monitor to the correct input.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND:

Both monitors are known good.

Both cables are known good.

Both displayports on the computer are known good.

Windows even says I have two monitors, however nothing will display on monitor 2.

ALSO, during boot it is impossible to see the BIOS with both monitors plugged in as there is no display AT ALL on EITHER MONITOR prior to windows startup. It seems you can enter the BIOS but you get no display. You can only see the BIOS with one single monitor connected.

Many others have had this problem. It seems like a bug. I did not come here to be told to check my cables or turn on my monitor. I just want someone to fix this.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 19th, 2018 14:00

I can't offer any fix.  But, keep in mind this forum is a users helping users, with a Dell forum Moderator.  Its not a direct line to Dell support or engineering.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 19th, 2018 15:00

The Fallback Basic Microsoft Display Driver Will ONLY work with one monitor.

Yes this is known.

You have upgraded to 8 or 10 and are using the default driver not the GPU driver.

4 Posts

October 19th, 2018 16:00

Who says I am using the microsoft basic display driver, and why would you ever assume such a thing? And also, how would this be relevant for the POST/BIOS issue not appearing on either monitor? Sorry did you even read what my problem was or perhaps you're a bot?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 20th, 2018 21:00

You don't say if you are using on-board or dedicated video card... but where-ever it is ... sounds like it might be defective.

Since both monitors are connected via DisplayPort, I wonder if connecting only one directly (and Daisy-Chaining the other) might be an acceptable work-around?

No Events found!