Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

May 11th, 2020 00:00

Error 3,4

help!! my pc throws error 34 after a while of being on and I have already changed the rams several times and I can't find the solution, I wanted to know if that error could be due to another reason maybe?

9 Legend

• 

12.3K Posts

May 11th, 2020 05:00

Error 34 is not a RAM problem. It is either misconfigured system files or hardware that may not be plug and play compatible and is misconfigured. This page has more information.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

May 11th, 2020 13:00

I still have the same problem, my PC shuts down unexpectedly and the 3 4 LEDs stay on and the PC restarts and keeps rebooting. everything was fine until I turned off the pc and then I used it again and the problem happened again

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

May 11th, 2020 13:00

B1D58C5B-C61E-42A6-ADE5-1FD31ED3803A.jpeg

9 Legend

• 

12.3K Posts

May 11th, 2020 16:00

Your post was somewhat misleading, or I misunderstood. You stated an error 34 but that is much different than the 3 and 4 lights staying on. Also could you please post the exact model of your system. And please confirm, is it an error 34 or the 3 and 4 lights on

• 

25.7K Posts

May 11th, 2020 18:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

May 12th, 2020 05:00

my bad explanation, excuse me, my problem is leds 3 and 4. my pc is an optiplex 380 with windows 7 64bits 4gb ram processor core 2 duo

1 Message

September 30th, 2022 23:00

Dear Moderator, I do have the same problem, my desktop pc model is: Dell Optiplex 780, error code: error codeerror code 

I chose this picture taken by another forum member because after getting this code and beeping sounds I turned my pc off and on again and it started working properly but I'm afraid it will happen again. I know that it says in the forum that this problem has been solved but I cannot find the solution anywhere. Thank you very much in advance for your kind assistance.

9 Legend

• 

12.3K Posts

November 24th, 2022 19:00

Sorry for the delay in replying and by now you may have experienced no further problem. But 3 and 4 indicate a memory issue. I would suggest reseating the RAM to see if the problem clears. If not pull all the RAM and see if you get a different diagnostic code. If you get a different code such as a 1 then reinstall the RAM modules one at a time to see if the 3 and 4 code reappears. If so then it quite probably is a bad RAM module.

4 Posts

December 30th, 2022 14:00

having the same problem as them, both of my rams work its just one slot isnt working for some reason, i only have 2 its a SFF

1 Message

February 18th, 2024 19:06

hi all I am not a boffen space rocket scientist, take this tip and try it, it worked for me.  Remove your ram, get yourself an eraser, hold your Ram fermin your hand take the eraser and rub the gold contacts till they are clean. Do both sides of eack stick. Replace and try for yourself and see if it works. It did for me. 

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 29th, 2024 09:45

@NoddySpark​ I tried the same. But it did not work for me. I changed the ram dimm in one of the bank and left the other one blank, but that too did not work. I am getting 3, 4 error on desktop panel, but no display.

Can I use WD-40 on the motherboard. I have never tried it before.

Regards,

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

April 29th, 2024 23:47

If you're thinking of using WD-40 on the DIMM slots - no.  Could short the conductors.  I've used a small handheld Shark (small vacuum) wth it's small brush to clean my MB.  Never had to clean DIMM slots, but that would be the way I'd do it.  I'm not in a dusty environment.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

September 6th, 2024 18:01

It's a RAM problem

the same thing happened to me when I removed the RAM card from its place and then put it back.. My computer turns on and off randomly and does not give any signal to the screen. I changed the RAM cards and the computer started working perfectly again! Not one device but two with the same problem, RAM only, change the RAM and it will work

No Events found!