Start a Conversation

Unsolved

145 Posts

June 18th, 2019 11:00

How to support more than 2 SATA devices in OptiPlex 390 SFF?

I have an OptiPlex 390 SFF and have already swapped out the optical drive for a 2.5" SSD slimline converter. I'd like to be able to put two 2.5 in HDDs in the 3.5" HDD slot, but I have only 1 remaining SATA port available.

I'm thinking of using a low profile SATA expansion card, but the 3.5" HDD caddy bracket seems to be a custom toolless design and I'm not entirely sure the 3.5" slot supports standard 2.5" to 3.5" converters.

How do I go about doing this?

101 Posts

June 18th, 2019 12:00

Hello!

Within this OPTIPLEX Community, search for:

Want a SSD but have no "Third SATA Port"? Options here!

I hope you find JOY there!

Anthony

145 Posts

June 18th, 2019 12:00

Wow, you wrote that yesterday too. Talk about perfect timing.

145 Posts

June 18th, 2019 13:00

> go MT cases.

I would have, but this is a castoff PC from work that cost $5. At the time, I didn't think I'd use it for an application that required an extra HDD.

> you love that useless slim DVD

My OP literally says I already swapped it out for a slimline to 2.5" adapter.

2.5K Posts

June 18th, 2019 13:00

the SFF, has 2 jacks, sata, and unplug the DVD bingo spare jack

or buy at newegg, a PSI-e SATA card and use that if it can fit this dinky case, low profile card do x1 slot

if you have GPU card , fat as a pig , that too is a problem if it uses up the x1 SLOT(transgression)_

there are the 2 ways, (INSIDE) next time go MT cases.

I cant see inside your case or its CTO status, (configured to order or modified)

but you looked first, what you see is what you got.? no?  my guess is you love that useless slim DVD?

some do . nor can I see your PCI-express slots what is there now how FAT they are.

sorry.

No Events found!