Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

38 Posts

July 5th, 2019 12:00

Optiplex 7010 MT questions

I am considering buying an Optiplex 7010 MT;I am looking to spend around $200 or less.It seems to fit my needs fine which are basic.

I have attempted to find any known issues with it on this forum and haven't. Is there anything I should be aware of?Are there other Optiplex in this price range that would be better?

The configuration I'm considering the i5-3470 with 8GB RAM and 1 TBHD. I occasionally burn DVD's and as this has only a DVD read only drive I'll have to replace it. I have a dimension 4700 that I will be disposing. Can the DVD burner  from that be used without any problem?

Thanks for any help

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 5th, 2019 15:00

The refurbished OptiPlex's that are sold are all done by 3rd party companies.  How much they are "refurbished" ???  You pay your money and take your chance.  OptiPlex is part of Dell's business line so who knows how or where the PC was used.

There's no specific 7010 issues that I can recall seeing.   Dell supports Win 10 on this model (has drivers).

From what I see on the 4700 manual, the CD drive is IDE (PATA) interface and thus is incompatible with the SATA interface in the 7010.  New CD/DVD burner drives are around $20 so its not a major outlay for a new SATA interface burner drive.

No Events found!