Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 29th, 2018 00:00

Optiplex 7010 SFF, F12 required to start

Hi all,

Hope someone can help with this.  I have recently purchased a reconditioned Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF.  The machine has Windows 10 home.  When I first got it I thought at first the Operating System hadn't been installed yet, because the power light came on but I just got a black screen.

Finally worked out that if I press F12 after a couple of attempts it will finally start.  When I press F12 it displays a message in the top right hand corner I think it says "starting one time boot menu".

Am I being special or is there something I have to do?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Alex

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 29th, 2018 05:00

Reset the BIOS (F2 Setup) to factory defaults.  May have been customized by the previous owner and never reset before sold.  The OptiPlex line is aimed at businesses and they tend to customize the setups for their specific uses.

1 Message

August 28th, 2022 19:00

@alexgoldie79 wrote:

Hi all,

Hope someone can help with this.  I have recently purchased a reconditioned Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF.  The machine has Windows 10 home.  When I first got it I thought at first the Operating System hadn't been installed yet, because the power light came on but I just got a black screen.

Finally worked out that if I press F12 after a couple of attempts it will finally start.  When I press F12 it displays a message in the top right hand corner I think it says "starting one time boot menu".

Am I being special or is there something I have to do?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Alex

Y

No Events found!