Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

February 6th, 2019 04:00

Reboot problem

I have a Opti 7010 with Windows 7 Professional. A power cut has left me unable to start up the PC as normal. After the Dell screen appears a black screen asks to press any key but this brings back me back to the same screen. Pressing F12 opens up a list from which I use Windows one time boot option and the PC opens up as normal apart from sound which only comes out the system box rather than speakers around the room. Can anyone suggest how I can revert to how starting up used to be pre power cut? Don't be too technical as I am not exactly PC literate. Thanks

7 Technologist

• 

12.1K Posts

February 6th, 2019 04:00

If the system start normally from F12 then try this. At the Dell splash screen start tapping F2. That will get you into the BIOS. Check the boot order to make sure that Windows Boot Manager is the first option. If not then change it to that setting and save and exit. I am not sure which form factor 7010 you have but the following link is the owner's manual with the procedure for Boot Sequence. It will apply to all the form factors.

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_optiplex_desktop/optiplex-7010_owner%27s%20manual4_en-us.pdf

2.5K Posts

February 7th, 2019 09:00

ever check the RTC coin cell battery

if it dies as all do,  the BIOS will not boot right again, until cured.,

if forced boot key works

that tells you the bios is not storing the boot order correctly

make sure all usb memory sticks are removed

make sure CD/dvd tray empty

make sure boot order is  HDD0 first or SSD0 , then usb stick and last DVD.

no case type stated, just OPTI. sff, mt. usff, ????

No Events found!