Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

February 16th, 2018 11:00

System Audio Optiplex 780

I have an Optiplex desktop 780, Win 10 64 bit. I am trying to record the system audio but it is not working. In Recording Devices only Mic and Line In are listed, show disabled devices is clicked, but no System audio option.  The sound is working through the speakers. i checked the Dell support site for the PC and there are no audio drivers available.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

Dell does not support Win 10 on this model.  You are basically on your own with Win 10.

Without Stereo Mix, I assume all you have is the Basic function Windows installed "High Definition Audio" drivers which does not include Stereo Mix.  

Depending or which 780 model you have, all I see is Speaker and Line In or Mic.  You could try connecting a jumper between the Speaker and the Line In or Mic and see if you can record that.  

The other option, is possibly a 3rd party program that will emulate Stereo Mix.  I've seen them mentioned on other forums but have no info on them or if they really work. 

7 Posts

A dedicated sound card should work though, correct?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 16th, 2018 14:00

Yes, if you can install one, or use a USB connected sound unit.  Make sure whatever you get is Win 10 compatible and has Stereo Mix (and compatible with the 780).  There are several versions of the OptiPlex 780, which one do you have?

No Events found!