Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

March 8th, 2018 11:00

Unattended installation of Intel Management Engine Components

I would like to know how to do an unattended installation of the Intel Management Engine Components so that I can write a script which installs them automatically as I have to do this on a couple hundred machines. How do I perform an unattended installation of the management engine components?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 9th, 2018 08:00

There is support for this and its not free.

Intel Drivers require specific command line switches

There is no ONE SIZE FITSALL FOR ALL OS FOR ALL MODELS FOR ALL SYSTEMS REMOTE WATER CHICKEN INSTALL.

/v = extract drivers from the humongo EXE file

(providing a double-quote encapsulated path )

You then run the setup from the extracted files.

setup.exe /s /overwrite

For SOL/LMS and HECI setup.exe -? will show you all the switches.

/s = unattended (silent install)

/overwrite = force (install over previous installation)

/report = change the log file location from the default
(C:\Intel) by providing double-quote encapsulated path

1 Message

April 9th, 2018 10:00

We have the same objective to deploy to a couple hundred workstations. The good news is that the Dell BIOS updates that are being created by Dell to address the Intel security vulnerability also include the Intel ME firmware update as an integrated component. Also, the Dell BIOS updates have silent installs with automatic reboot (if you desire). Therefore, you only need to automate the deployment of the BIOS update to get both the BIOS update and the firmware update.

Here is where Dell mentions this: http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln308237/dell-client-statement-on-intel-me-txe-advisory-intel-sa-00086-?lang=en

Excerpt:

"The systems ... can receive patched Intel® Management Engine Firmware either via stand-alone Windows-compatible update utility (MEFW Update) or integrated in Dell BIOS release (BIOS Update)"

We push out the the Dell BIOS Updates with these switches to install and automatically reboot the system:

BIOSUpdateName.exe /s /r

We haven't had any issues with these deployments.

Good luck!

No Events found!