Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

March 10th, 2018 10:00

Unlocking PCIE NGFF Port Speed

Is it possible to unlock the speed of the NGFF port for my Dell Optiplex 3050m? Upon checking the link speed of the port via HWiNFO it shows that the connection to it is only utilizing half. 

I would like to avoid flashing the BIOS just to get this speed lock released and the fact that Dell no longer bundles the ROM files with the BIOS updates. Theres also no option to unlock this on the BIOS so any leads would be helpful. 

Dell Optiplex 3050 - 1.4.4 BIOS HWiNFO Link Speed 5GT.png

2.3K Posts

March 10th, 2018 14:00

I'm not sure that is even possible. What M.2 drive do you have in there now? I would assume it would go to 4x if you put a PCIe NVME drive vs the regular SSD SATA 3 version. As far as I know 4x is as fast as they go. It could also be reduced due to the CPU you have as well.

2 Posts

March 10th, 2018 19:00

Technically its NOT an M.2 drive. Please refer to this on why I had this idea. All evidence points to it though. Its seems that its just 'capped' at that speed. 

Also this is NOT the M.2 port towards the corner of the case, this is the PCIE NGFF slot used for the WiFi cards. 

Capture.PNG

PS: the image above is not from the 3050, but the port im talking about is THAT port. 

No Events found!