Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2016 10:00

Are there instructions to Connect to ViPR SRM Backend and Capture Metrics?

Rather than logon to the ViPR SRM GUI to Run & Export a Storage Metrics Report, one of our departments prefers to connect to the ViPR SRM Backend Server to capture Storage Metrics. I have searched the EMC Support website and EMC Community website and, although I have seen references to the JDBC Driver and references to the MySQL database, so far I have not found clear instructions on how to pass metrics from ViPR SRM to an external database.

643 Posts

April 19th, 2016 20:00

Could I ask what is the specific reason to capture storage metrics through backend server rather than logon to ViPR?

643 Posts

April 20th, 2016 01:00

I also could not find the any document to meet your requirement, however, as you mentioned the backend database is MySQL with the password (root/watch4net), you should be able to access the database to get the related data and reports.

643 Posts

April 20th, 2016 04:00

Not sure if EMC M&R Web Service can help:

EMC M&R Web Service leverages Enterprise Standards like SOAP and WSDL to offer its functionality.

It is composed of two main services:

• the DatabaseAccessor service provide low level access to the EMC M&R databases.

• the ReportManager and ReportManagerInline services provides access to the reporting engine.

The two services offer the same functionality, the only difference is the format of their messages.

April 20th, 2016 07:00

When I opened a Service Request with EMC Support concerning my request, I learned that the MySQL database is not a relational database. On my server there are over 188 tables in the apg database with names like cache_group_0_1458237600, cache_group_0_1458259200, cache_group_0_1458280800, etc. So far I have been unable to see a relationship between the records in the apg tables and the metrics that are on our reports.

April 20th, 2016 07:00

The department prefers to have an automated method for capturing the metrics rather than depend on the manual method of logging on to the GUI, opening the report, and then transferring the information to another database.

643 Posts

April 21st, 2016 06:00

Good to know that you are getting help from EMC Support.

I got the following additional references regarding APG Webservice usage.

https://inside.emc.com/docs/DOC-68580

https://inside.emc.com/docs/DOC-74007

https://support.emc.com/docu58814_EMC-MR-Web-Services-API-Quick-Start.pdf?language=en_US

April 21st, 2016 07:00

Thank you for offering these 3 suggestions.  Unfortunately I am unauthorized to access any of them.

643 Posts

April 21st, 2016 19:00

It is no problem for me to access this sites as they are EMC internal, you can contact your local EMC employees for help.

May 3rd, 2016 10:00

Thank you for the suggestion.  I contacted our EMC Representative and he sent me a copy of all 3 documents.

No Events found!