Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2014 11:00

EMC is in the remake of RoboCop movie

It's fun to have the opportunity to write about a totally different topic and in this case I'm talking about the RoboCop movie coming out February 12. I remember going to see the original RoboCop and if I recall it was a hit. Lately, movie remakes or reboots have done very well and so no surprise that we now have a new RoboCop movie. I've seen the movie trailer and it looks action packed and has a strong cast: Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton, Samuel L. Jackson, and Joel Kinnaman as RoboCop. If you look into the background of the picture below you can see EMC VMAX storage arrays.

RoboCop.bmp

There is the opportunity to win some free tickets to go see the movie: Achievement Briefing ~ RoboCop Movie. I hope you win!

256 Posts

February 10th, 2014 11:00

Sam:

Yes, I recall the original RoboCop movie as one of the first Sci Fi Noir films (in the tradition of Blade Runner, for example). I suppose my reaction to the remake of this movie would be two-fold:

• Whenever Hollywood does a reboot, I always think to myself: "Come on, guys, think of something new here!" Still it is nostalgic to have a movie that takes you back a bit. Still Robocop was not made that long ago (80s as I recall).
  • Will it be as dark as the original? That has been a big pattern: Reboots tend to lighten up from the original. Since I like stuff that is really dark and gritty, that's not good for me.

Regards,

Jeff

643 Posts

February 10th, 2014 23:00

Cool!

27 Posts

February 11th, 2014 01:00

Want to view the Movie. Or get the DVD :-)

1 Message

July 4th, 2021 23:00

Thank you for the article you can watch more and more exciting action movies every day with

a completely free and safe movie watching application. I believe you will like it

No Events found!