Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Y

February 9th, 2018 12:00

Communication issues with OMPC 4.0

I'm using IPMI to communicate with iDRACs in OMPC 4.0. I frequently receive email alerts "connection failed..." followed by "connection restored..." moments later. What is the correct workaround? Increase the IPMI protocol timeout?

---------

Yemi

February 11th, 2018 20:00

Hi,

Thanks for using OMPC. Every poll interval (specified in the settings page) OMPC will try to communicate with the managed node. The below mentioned alert usually generated when the Power Center failed to contact the managed node. You may ignore this error as in the next poll cycle OMPC will try to restore the communication. Still you wanted to investigate this issue please make sure your network in good shape and contact Dell support. 

Thanks,

Sonylal

11 Posts

February 12th, 2018 17:00

Hi Sonylal. 

Is there an OMPC process that is polling iDRAC devices every hour? I see a pattern of "communication failed/restored" in my event logs. The OMPC service was started at 15:03 and you can see events are logged every hour after the service started.

See my screenshot.

------

Yemi

February 13th, 2018 00:00

Hi,

The maximum poll interval you can specify for device poll is 10 minutes. From the screenshot we are unable to get the exact root cause. If you can create a support ticket it will be convenient for us to analyze the log file.

Regards,

Sonylal

No Events found!