Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 18th, 2013 10:00

[Question] About Dell OpenManage Power Center

Dear all,

I already installed  Dell OpenManage Power Center (OMPC) and using it. I have some questions:

+ Database of OMPC is PostgreSQL. Does OMPC have MySQL or SQL server or Oracle Database?

+ Is there any Web Base console to manage and control PostgreSQL?

+ I am confusing about : Faceplate/Derated Power. Can you explain for me?

Many thanks,

nampnx

18 Posts

August 20th, 2013 11:00

Hi,

- OMPC is using PostgreSQL database, not MySQL, not SQL server, not Oracle database

- OMPC is the web application console which manage and control the database.

- Faceplate power is the power value listed on the device (e.g. the power output on the Power supply).  It is the maximum power that server could possibly consume and it is very conservative number.  The real power consumption on the device is normally much less than the faceplate number.  And so the derated power is introduced.  In server, the power supply is derated due to a certain temperature or situation.  Most power supply provide a curve of derated power to help the end user to determine the maximum output power that can provided by a power supply at various operating situation.  

When do the power planning in datacenter, you should look at the trend of real-time power usage or derated power (if the realtime power usage is not available) to archive better power and space utilization.

No Events found!