Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2011 11:00

Adaptor at Baseport xxxx not responding

I have this PE2950 installed with RAID PERC/5 ( RAID Controller V5.0.1) configuration, with 5 HDD installed. This morning, all of a sudden, without anyone intervention system blanked out, error message "Boot Device not available"...ON restarting the POST message is 'Adaptor at Baseport F80Fh not responding'...Does anyone have any clue to resolve this?...This machine has been working since last 3 years....Any suggestion?...I have checked for possible loose contacts. reseating as per  online troubleshooting guide.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 12th, 2011 07:00

Powering down and reseating the internal components is a great first start. If you have already fully reseated the Riser, RAID card, and data cables going to the RAID card, and it did not fix it. Then I would suggest unplugging the backplane cable from the RAID controller and see if you still get the error. If you still get the error then remove the RAID controller and see if you still get the error.

If you do not get the error once the RAID card is removed, then we know what the issue was.

Keep us updated on the server status,

Thanks.

21 Posts

September 12th, 2011 08:00

Thanks for your response. I have pulled out the Riser card, Controller Card, Add-on Memory Card , cleaned the connector edges , but the problem remains the same. I did no try your suggested method to power on the machine w/o RAID plugged in, though. I have already sent it to my office for getting it checked by Dell Channel IT. My fear is that if the Controller card is really faulty, the hardare  not being available as a case of obsolecence.  

21 Posts

September 13th, 2011 09:00

Thanks DELL-Daniel. Although this sounds stupid but just a wild query. Does use of mobile phone in the viscinity of PE2950 with RAID 5 contrller have any adverse effect on the machine/card?....I am asking this because my case of Adaptor failure just happend when someone received an incoming call on the cellphone, just standing by the server cabinet. Although the server is housed in a glass door rittal cabinet. This could be just a coincidence ...hope PERC's have some EMI specs.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

September 13th, 2011 10:00

None whatsoever ... completely a coincidence.  I've worked around hundreds of servers (sometimes with my phone to my head inside the server) without anything like that happening.

21 Posts

September 16th, 2011 03:00

Hello, I carried out the procedure as suggested, powered ON unplugging  the RAID card . The error messges were :

E 1310 / E 1614 / I 1910 / I 1911. Putting back the card had the same error condition ..." Adaptor not responding...etc". Pls let me know what can be deduced from the error codes...Await your kind response pls. Thanks

21 Posts

Hello, I carried out the procedure as suggested, removing RAID controller, Follwoing were the error messages :

E 1310 / E 1614 /  I1910 / I 1911. Reseating the card, have the same effect...Adapator not responding...etc. Can anything be deduced from the error codes?....Await your kind response pls. Thanks

21 Posts

Hello, I carried out the procedure as suggested, removing RAID controller, Follwoing were the error messages :

E 1310 / E 1614 /  I1910 / I 1911. Reseating the card, have the same effect...Adapator not responding...etc. Can anything be deduced from the error codes?....Await your kind response pls. Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 16th, 2011 14:00

E 1310

RPM of fan ## is outside of the intended operating range.

This could be a Fans that has gone out, or is not seated correctly. If it does not tell you which fan on the LCD screen, then you can try booting to the CTRL + E BMC BIOS and view the event logs.

E1614

Power supply # has failed.

Again, with this one the error should indicate which power supply is offline. Ensuring that the power supply is fully seated and the AC cable is securely seated on both ends. If they are and the error for that power supply continues, then you can also physically take out the two power supplies and swap them with each other. Seeing if the error stays with the power supply slot, or follows the power supply.

I1911

The chassis lid has been removed.

This will go away when you put the chassis cover back on.

I1911

User must check the system event log (SEL) for the rest of the errors on the system .Thee LCD is limited to three error, warning, and/or informational messages at a time based on priority level.

If the baseport error went away when you took the RAID card out, and came back when you put the card back in. Then it is a good chance the RAID card needs to be replaced.

Page 19 of this PDF goes over any possible LCD error messages you may get, and can help in troubleshooting.

support.euro.dell.com/.../hom.pdf

Keep us updated,

Thanks.

1 Message

May 14th, 2013 11:00

I had this error too. It turned out to be the SCSI RAID Controller in the PCI-X slot.

I fixed it by removing and replacing said controller by following this guide.

Thanks for your help.

No Events found!