Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2013 03:00

Cables needed for PERC H700 Controller

Hi,

I have a T710 server that was using the on board storage controller and I have just purchased a H700 PERC controller to allow me to create two RAID 5 arrays (I have 8 3.5" bays). I have just tried to install the card, but have realised that the existing cables from the back plane to the existing controller are both not long enough and have the wrong connectors. I also need a holder and cable for the backup battery.

I am in Australia and want to get these items as fast as I can, I can't seem to find any cables or any of these items on the Dell website, and based on a fair few searches, it would appear one part N170M and one N170M would suffice (assuming the shorter one is for SAS A, and the longer SAS B)... something like this. Being in Australia, I would prefer to be able to get something locally (whilst this is a home server, I am anxious to get it up and running again).

Any ideas on the battery cable and do I need a holder or is there somewhere on the case already to put it (I couldn't see anywhere)? The cable could be RF289

Are they a standard cable type at all that I may be able to source locally?

Thanks in advance

Derek :emotion-1:

• 

8.8K Posts

November 28th, 2013 05:00

Derekj_au,

The cables you will need are the Perc SAS cable from controller to backplane.

They are:

PG9KK- Perc channel 0

0FH2D - Perc channel 1

I am not certain of a local resource in Australia for them. 

Let me know if this helps.

No Events found!