Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

September 21st, 2016 03:00

Configurator error "The Hard Drive size in the first RAID Channel must be smaller than the Hard Drive selected in the Second Raid Channel"

Hello, I hope this is the rigth forum for this question.

I'm trying to configure a new T330 for one of our clients and I want to use a Raid 1 + Raid 1 configuration. First raid for operating system and daily backups, second raid for a database.

I tried configuration C15c, but I always get the error "The Hard Drive size in the first RAID Channel must be smaller than the Hard Drive selected in the Second Raid Channel".

Is it really necessary to buy a bigger SSD than the HD used in the first Raid?? The SSD can be relatively small, but for backup I need more space.

Is there any alternative solution to this?

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

September 21st, 2016 07:00

No, this is only a limitation of the online configurator. You can change the configuration after you receive it, so just order the drives you want in whatever configuration it will let you do, then change it up on delivery.

OR call you Sales Rep/TAM to configure it how you like.

October 4th, 2016 01:00

Thank you! Sorry for my late answer, I've been out of office for a while.

Just one small doubt: What you say, is it true for the H330 as well as for the H730 controller?

And can I use two SATA hdds/ssds on one channel with two SAS hdds/ssds on the other?

Regards,

Stefan

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

October 4th, 2016 06:00

Yes. In fact, you can mix drive types on the SAME channel ... they just can't be mixed in the same Virtual Disk (array).

October 4th, 2016 08:00

Ok, thank you!

No Events found!