Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2017 08:00

Degraded Virtual Disk and missing Physical Disk 0:0

Last week one off our R210 servers with an Perc 6i controller reported a Predictive Failure of the Raid1 array. Two days later OSMA reported that the Virtual Disk was degraded. When i looked in OSMA at Connector 0 it reported only physical drive (0:1), no 0:0. Despite this I opened the server after shutting it down and replaced the drive. When restarted OSMA still only reported one Physical Disk present (0:1). I also tried to start the server with only the OK disk connected and then restart with the new healthy disk again. What i understand i should be able to see the Physical Disk (0:0) and assign it as Hot Spare so the controller initialize a rebuild. What could possibly be the cause of the missing disk and why cannot i find any way to replace the failed drive with a new?

Attach pictures shows

• 

8.8K Posts

July 13th, 2017 09:00

InstantAmar,

Would you confirm if the Predicted Failure drive was listed for 0:0 or was it 0:1? If it was 0:1 then the data may be lost. I would make sure you have a complete backup before proceeding. Then run a Dset report on the server, so we have the complete picture

Thanks

July 14th, 2017 00:00

Chris,

It is confirmed that the drive in question was listed for 0:0 by the OMSA alert log. The other healthy drive is listed as 0:1 and the system boots fine. A backup has been taken before each step. I send you the DSET report. I appreciate it.

Edit: Also, apparently there is another problem regarding this issue on a server (R210 II) with a predictive failure drive. When selecting "Virtual Disks" and selecting Physical Disk 0:0, no tasks is available. Shouldn't there be a choice to take the disk "Offline" and then replace it? This is the case on both servers, the one with a already failed drive and degraded virtual disk  (R210) and the other one with a degraded physical disk (R210 II). The following picture shows R210 II OMSA Physical disks.

No Events found!