Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 11th, 2013 00:00

Del Power Edge 2970 problem with video

Hi,

I have a PE 2970, with serial number S/T (REMOVED BY MODERATOR),server is turn on, but in the screen no image, and the on the LCD  messages, E2110 MBE DIMM 5 &6 and E2111 SBE Log Disable DIMM6.What is  the MBE and SBE?And how you  think is the problem?

Regards, Abilay!

• 

8.4K Posts

September 11th, 2013 07:00

Abilay,

SBE and MBE are Single Bit Errors and Multiple Bit Errors. Try taking the server to the minimum memory configuration and place dimm #4 in slot 2 and remove all the other dimms. Then power up and see if the server POSTs. If it doesn't then power down the server and remove everything but the following;

• System board
  • Processor in socket 1
  • One stick of memory in slot 2
  • One power supply
  • Control panel and backplane (to turn on system)
  • Sideplane
  • Both PCI risers; center slot and left slot 

If it POSTs normally under that configuration then individually add the removed parts back until the error returns and that identifies the problem. 

If you remove all the dimms (except slot 2)and it POSTs then we will need to clear the SBE/MBE log to get an accurate account of which dimms are bad, There are a couple ways to do so.depending on the OS installed on the server, as well as is Open Manage installed as well?

Let me know what you find.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

September 11th, 2013 07:00

You probably have bad memory - or it just needs to be reseated.

Remove all memory.  Do you get a 1-3-2 beep code?

Put in memory - ONE AT A TIME.  Do this with all memory to find the bad stick(s).  If none of them work, your motherboard probably needs to be replaced. 

You can also try clearing the NVRAM using the jumpers on the motherboard.

17 Posts

September 12th, 2013 22:00

Thank you all for help, the problem turned out to be a bad memory.
I did  like you said, insert memory at a time and found a faulty memory.

Regards, Abilay!

No Events found!