Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 13th, 2015 23:00

Dell-r610 diagnostics test

Hello Sir,

Actually i have problem with my r610, with the few interval (1 month) HDD detach from the server and become foreign drive. I have test the HDD and found its healthy, so there is might be problem in server hardware, i try to do diagnostic test by using USC (f10) but it fails with the error says to update the platform, while trying to update platform error message is "the updates you are trying to apply are not dell-authorized updates

I don't know how to solve this, over this server m using esxi 5.5, how to perform updates please guide me....

• 

8.5K Posts

October 14th, 2015 07:00

Sumit.Anand,

With the drive I also would verify if it updated and current to diagnose the issue. 

The issue updating indeed is the versions server is sitting at. We will need updates to be performed in the below order or there is a small possibility to cause a problem with the server. 

1. iDrac firmware 1.99 ( to resolve issue fw must be at 1.85 or newer)
  2. Lifecycle Controller firmware 1.7.5
  3. BIOS

After those are updated then the Platform update should work without issue to update the remaining server. 

Let me know how it goes.

14 Posts

October 14th, 2015 22:00

Thanks for response.

yes you are right. I have done updation in steps, 1st update the firmware and than update the bios. 

I have follow the instruction given here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/f/177/t/19475476

Problem with server is after restarting or after few days (month) server not detect Hard-disk  attached with this and become foreign drive and need to reconfigure the virtual drive. (HDD health status is healthy)

I complete the diagnostic test and found  error code 4400:0121

No Events found!