Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 12th, 2015 10:00

Foreign configuration: import or clear

Hello,
I have an old PE2900 with a Perc 6/i that tomorrow morning I found with the message:

Foreign configuration(s) found on adapter. Press any key to continue, or ’C’ to load the configuration utility or ’F’ to import foreign configuration(s) and continue.

There are offline or missing virtual drives with preserved cache. Please check the cables and ensure that all drives are present. Press any key to enter the configuration utility.

I've attached the screen shots of the VD Mgmt, PD Mgmt and Foreign view from the Configuration Utility.

It seems that the global hot spare has failed and I need to choose the CLEAR option but since I'm not a RAID expert I want to be sure to not choose the wrong procedure.

Moreover we found that there is a problem with the backup so it is very important to put online the server and perform a fll backup as soon as possible.

Thank you for your suggestions.

1 Attachment

• 

6.2K Posts

December 12th, 2015 12:00

Hello

Clearing the foreign configuration will delete the array. If you import the foreign configuration it will attempt to bring the foreign drives back into the array and write the preserved cache.

Thanks

9 Posts

December 12th, 2015 13:00

Thank you Daniel.

The import procedure has worked well and the system is now up and running.

October 22nd, 2017 21:00

Hi Gagio,

I have the same issue as described here. What did you do to solve this issue?

1 Message

July 25th, 2018 09:00

My import fails any suggestions by chance?

Shawn

November 20th, 2020 19:00

obrigado pelo post, me ajudou também...devia se mais fácil de contornar os problemas no RAID da DELL

1 Message

January 25th, 2021 10:00

Does delete the array mean "loss the data"?

• 

8.8K Posts

January 25th, 2021 13:00

Normally that is in reference to deleting the Virtual Disk, which won't delete the data, but if you format the drives or recreate the Virtual Disk and initialize it, then it will destroy the data. 

Hope this helps. 

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

June 28th, 2024 07:06

Good morning 

How do i import the foreign configuration it will attempt to bring the foreign drives back into the array and write the preserved cache.

• 

3.5K Posts

June 28th, 2024 13:13

Hello,

here how to import foreign config

How to Import Foreign Configuration for Dell PERC | Dell Dominican Republic

But foreign configuration import is an operation that should be done by particular case.

Please can you details what is your issue, the hardware, which PERC etc as I can help you in details?

Thanks

No Events found!