Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

December 9th, 2015 18:00

H700 firmware upgrade fails

I have two R510 machines running Windows 2008R2 that I plan on upgrading to Windows 2012R2.  In preparation for the upgrade I am trying to upgrade the server's components to the latest firmware revisions. I was able to upgrade both machines BIOS' to 1.5.4 but both H700s fail.

One H700 is as 12.3 and the other is at 12.10-1.  I have tried several different files and versions.  For instance I have tried Win32 and Win64 versions.  I have tried with the latest and with intermediate versions.  All give me the same error "This update is not compatible with your system configuration".  When I try using a DOS USB boot version I get a "cannot find a supported adapter".

Other than not being able to upgrade the firmware the servers seem to be running fine.

Any ideas?  TIA

Diego

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 10th, 2015 09:00

Hello.

Ensure that your iDRAC firmware is up to date as well. You may also try updating the firmware outside of the OS by using the LicfeCycle Controller . Press F10 during POST and choose platform updates.

Let me know how this works out.

18 Posts

December 13th, 2015 14:00

Hello Robert,

Using the life lifecycle controller seemed like a good idea but unfortunately it did not work.  When I used the platform update it allowed me to update the firmware on the NICs but the H700 did not show at all on the list.  Other devices like the BIOS and iDRAC which where up to date showed up in the list but the H700 does not even appear??

Is this normal?

TIA,

Diego

July 22nd, 2016 05:00

Hi,

I was also receiving the "this update package is not compatible with your system configuration" message for a H700 in a Poweredge T410. After updating iDRAC firmware, trying with LifeCycle controller, etc; the problem was that we have the PERC H700 Integrated (as shown in OSA) and I was trying always with the fw for the PERC H700 Adapter. It's not the same firmware file for version 12.10.7-0001 and in the server page only appears the version for the adapter.

thanks anyway for the hints.

January 29th, 2020 19:00

We also have a Perc H700 Integrated and the only firmware that showed up for our PowerEdge T410 on Dell support was the Perc H700 Adapter. Subtle difference, but Thank You for highlighting this difference. I was able to track down the required firmware here:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/en/cabsdt1/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=9fvj2

Once the Perc H700 Integrated firmware was installed, we had no further issues. 

No Events found!