Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

2 Posts

May 11th, 2021 04:00

HBA330 Eight Max Storage Devices

Hi All,

as the hba330 has eight Max Storage Devices I wondered if the optimum setup is to have 2 hba330s if you have more than 8 ssds in each node in an S2D setup?

if so what is the part number for the SAS cable to connect the hba330 adapter?

Many Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

May 11th, 2021 08:00

Hello,

According to the documentation that I'm looking at, the HBA330 and our S2D Ready Nodes will support 10 drives in the front, plus an additional 2 in the back. One of my colleagues worked with another large company who setup for 24 drives, but this is not supported by us and was not validated for use. The S2D Ready Nodes have a slightly different BIOS, too, which eliminates some cable error messages that you will see on a normal BIOS. The Ready Nodes also use a Boss controller to put the OS on m.2 storage.

As for the cable, I'm happy to try to identify one for you, but I'll need to know what server model you're working with. You'll almost certainly see errors in POST; I'm not sure if you'd see additional issues after those POST messages. I'm afraid the only recommendation I can really provide would be to use a S2D Ready Node in a supported configuration. 

May 13th, 2021 00:00

I think we will rock with the 1 HBA. Doing the math we don't think the disks will be the slowest bit. Thanks for your help.

No Events found!