Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2016 22:00

Hard drive missing from RAID-10 array, cannot be re-added

For some unknown reason, a RAID-10 array on a PERC H710P Mini (installed in a PowerEdge R720) has dropped a hard drive, and I cannot re-add it... OMSA is showing that the array is degraded, and so when I open it, I can see only three drives in it (the other RAID-10 array on the same controller is fine).

I can see that the disk is still physically connected to the server, and omreport shows no issues with the drive itself.

I attempted to reconfigure the array (omconfig storage vdisk action=reconfigure controller=0 vdisk=1 raid=r10 pdisk=0:1:4,0:1:5,0:1:6,0:1:7) but got an error message: Operation disabled. Read, action=reconfigure

Can someone please point me in the right direction to get the hard drive back in to the array? The array contains vital data, so deleting it and re-creating the array is not a valid option at this point.

The controller has the latest firmware installed on it.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 6th, 2016 10:00

Hello.

What about the status of the drive in OMSA? Attempt re-seating the drive, there may be a loose contact with the back-plane.

April 6th, 2016 18:00

Hi Robert,

Do you mean the physical disk, or the virtual disk? The status of the physical drive is OK according to omreport (I can't see where to find physical disks that aren't in an array in OMSA), and the virtual disk shows as degraded.

I'll organise for the drive to be re-seated and let you know how I get on with that.

Thanks

No Events found!