Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2015 11:00

How to fix

I have a poweredge T610 server and a E1810 message error on the front pane : Hard drive 0 fault. Review & clear SEL. I have 8 drives in the machine with Perc6

I assume there is a problem with a hard disk drive, but until it has been repair, may I reboot the server and will be back on windows server like there's nothing wrong ? Or is there a risk that all crash down ? Can I or should hot swap drive 0 and if so will the system repair and use that?

Thanks for your help.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

April 13th, 2015 11:00

Yes, E1810 means there is a problem with disk 0, and it should be reseated or replaced as soon as possible. Do NOT power down to replace ... replace it "hot".

What OS is installed?

5 Posts

April 13th, 2015 12:00

it's running Windows server 2008 r2

5 Posts

If the replacement drive isn't formatted or has something on it will the raid system prepare it for use in that system automatically

5 Posts

I haven't done this before so bear with my questions and thanks

The 1st 4 drives are 250gb and the last 4 are 500gb I have 500gb I can put in but I don't know if there's a procedure to do this

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

April 13th, 2015 16:00

Install OMSA (OpenManage Server Administrator):
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=6XJTF&fileId=3445951242&osCode=WS8R2&productCode=poweredge-t610&languageCode=EN&categoryId=SM

Download and run to extract, then run C:\Openmanage\Windows\setup.exe. Add yourservernameoripaddress:1311 to IE's Intranet zone.

Go to Storage, PERC, Virtual Disks to see the layout and organization of your disks.

You can use your 500GB disk. Don't use cheap, desktop/laptop, or NAS drives in servers though. (IF that is what it is BUT it matches the make/model of the drives in your server, then go ahead.)

You should replace the disk "hot" - never power down to replace a hot-swappable drive. If the drive doesn't begin rebuliding automatically when inserted, then you need to assign it as a hot-spare to start the rebuild. If it is showing as foreign, that must first be cleared.

No Events found!