Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 28th, 2015 20:00

New Vrtx with M630 blades - Shared Perc 8 driver will not start

We have a new Vrtx (shipped this summer) with M630 blades.

After the initial OS install (windows 2012 datacenter R2), their were only two devices that had no driver installed - they were both raid controllers. The OS was deployed via the Lifecycle controller running the latest package.

After doing windows updates, both those raid controllers were updated to "Shared Perc 8". 

After the driver update, the "shared perc 8" has a driver 3/15/2013 6.801.5.0 that points to windows\system32\drivers\percsas2.sys. 

The driver has an error saying it cannot start (code 10). An I/O adapter hardware error has occurred.

I've seen that you should obtain a driver for "shared perc 8" from Dell. But I cannot find that driver anywhere.

Does anyone know where to obtain a newer driver for this controller?

Any help will be appreciated.

AJ

• 

8.5K Posts

July 29th, 2015 06:00

Angie Journal, 

The Windows 2012 driver I believe you will be needing is located here. Let me know how it goes and if everything resolves itself after the update.

July 29th, 2015 12:00

Chris,

Thanks a ton.

That package fixed the issue.

Despite the fact the Shared Perc 8 driver in Windows still shows the same version number - the driver now started after a reboot.

And the Disk Management tool when you open it presents the shared storage ready to initialize.

Angie

No Events found!