Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

November 2nd, 2017 01:00

PCI1320 Bus fatal error on bus 0 device 2 function 2. Power cycle system. on Dell power edge 720

Hi

Recently we purchase this server and we encounter some errors along the way, we install ESXI 6.5 as our main host and from time to time our servers keeps on shutting down, we already replace the motherboard and still we go this issue, so i go deeply in this problem and identify which component that causes the problem. Every time i reboot the server this error appears "Memory/batter problem were detected.The adapter has recovered, but cache data was lost." I already update all the firmware and so with ESXI 6.5 update 01, but it still causing the error again. Below is my findings and it would be an grateful if anyone can help me on this.Thank you!

Detect Error

bus 0 device 2 function 2
Embedded P2P Bridge 6-1 PCI Device

Bus 3 device 0 function 0

PERC H710 Mini(Embedded)
Integrated RAID Controller 1
Integrated RAID Contoller 1- PCI Device

• 

8.8K Posts

November 2nd, 2017 09:00

RickyBoy143,

The memory battery error is referring to the Raid battery and dimm. I would try to to reseat the dimm on the controller, but normally it is the cache dimm on the controller itself. Which would normally require a replacement controller. To verify the issue is with the controller, I would temporarily remove the raid controller and see if the error persists.

If not then I would look at replacing the controller. If it does then you can also try reseating the riser as well.

Let me know what you see.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

November 13th, 2017 17:00

Thanks Chrish,

I forward this message to our technical support the one we purchase our server, and according to him it's software problem, but im doubt because you opinion is much more sense compare from their suggestion, after they replace the motherboard and so with the battery as they suggested but still this error occurs after a week. Glad you suggest this, i'll try it today can you  suggest to me a dell technical support in our area in Shenzhen China, i really appreciated this Thank you!

No Events found!