Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

3 Posts

November 29th, 2018 18:00

PERC H710 Mini Win7 drivers

Hello! I was hoping someone could help me find Win7 drivers for the PERC H710 Mini. I have a PowerEdge R420 that I would like to put Win7 Pro on, but the closest drivers I can find are the PERC H710P Win7 drivers here. The .inf files that are created from the .exe can be seen by the Win7 install disc, but won't actually do anything.

Thanks!

• 

8.5K Posts

November 30th, 2018 07:00

PsuedoSudo,

You may run into issues with using Windows 7 on the R420, as it is a workstation OS, and not intended to be used on an enterprise level system, so it isn't supported. Now with that being said you can always try using the Windows Server 2008 R2 driver, as those two OS's share similarities. As I said  Windows 7 isn't supported on the server, so I am not certain if it will work. 

November 30th, 2018 12:00

Yeah, I knew it wasn't "officially" supported - I just happened to have a spare R420 around and a spare Win7 key, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Thanks for letting me know about the 2008 drivers though, I didn't know that.

November 30th, 2018 14:00

As a side question: if the H710 mini doesn't work, what are the steps required to remove the H710 mini and go back to using the integrated PERC S110? I attempted to remove the card and swap the bios SATA setting to "RAID" instead of "ATA" or "ACHI", but those two steps alone didn't let the S110 see the physical drives...so I feel like I'm missing a step in the process. Is there a switch/jumper that needs to be flipped on the motherboard in order to move between the integrated RAID and an add-on RAID card?

No Events found!