Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 9th, 2013 08:00

PERC H710 and 3tb Sata drives?

Hi All,

Does PERC H710 support 3tb SATA drives?

Once the drives are installed in our T620 H710 Controller can see them (with correct size) but when I press F2 to manage the unallocated drives nothing happens - no errors, no communicate but also nothing happens.

I am on some oldish FW on my H719. When I flash to newest can I just do it for RAID controller only or are there any other FW / Bios upgrades I must to do at the same time.

Thank you.
seb

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

Yes, the H710 does support larger than 2TB drives, however, non-certified drives may not always work as expected, and consumer/desktop drives are sure to have issues.  What model drives are you using?

The H700 required a firmware update to support >2TB drives, so I would imagine even the original release of the H710 firmware would suffice.  However, updating the firmware to the latest can only help.  Make sure to update the system firmware first (iDRAC/BMC, BIOS).

So, the H710 can see the drives (on the PD MGMT screen) but can't configure them in a RAID array (F2 on the controller, checkboxes to select disks)?  On the PD MGMT screen, are they showing as Ready or Foreign?  Do you have other drives already in the system?  Already configured?  Is there an OS installed?  Which one?

990 Posts

Yes, the H710 will manage 3TB drives.   Make sure the firmware is updated along with the bios.    Once its updated, enter the Ctrl R bios and check the status of the drives here.     Do you already have an OS installed? If so, is OpenManage installed?  What is the status of the drives in OpenManage?

Regards,

15 Posts

October 9th, 2013 11:00

Hi Guys,

Thank you for speedy replay. Problem solved ... I was pressing F2 on section with recognized HDDs instead of Controller on top.

All working fine.

Thanks.

No Events found!