Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2016 00:00

PowerEDGE R210 II not detect it HDD SATA 500GB

Dear all,

someone could help me. it happened 2 weeks ago., this server did not detect it HDD, if i plug this HDD to another PC it could detected and fine. the error message is "No Boot Device available"

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

July 13th, 2016 12:00

RAID controller?

4 Posts

July 13th, 2016 19:00

No Raid

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

July 13th, 2016 22:00

Was this running fine, then one day it stopped? or is this a drive that is new to this server?

If you go to the BIOS Setup (F2), do you see any information there that indicates it is being recognized by the system?

So, this drive connects directly to the motherboard? Is RAID enabled under Integrated Devices? If so, you must manage it in the RAID controller utility.

4 Posts

July 17th, 2016 19:00

it was running fine then stop 2 week ago. at that moment no HDD detect the erros msg was " no bootable device ....." and if i F2 no HDD detected. and a week ago, it can detect this HDD again, with raid enable event no second HDD (i switch to another SATA port)? and i can boot to system then check fcsk all fine. it going error around +/- 14:00 this system crush.Is it raid enable by default ?

sorry for late reply and i will going to check this BIOS setup again. any information that can help me to detect the culprit, are wellcome

thx

4 Posts

July 19th, 2016 01:00

Dear All.

here i summaries my problem:

0. current server PowerEdge R210 II with only 1 HDD and SAS controller. this server has been running from 2014 on DATA CENTER with any problem.

1. it  was running fine and stop one day, there error " no preferable boot device" ....at this the HDD on SAS port 0. 

2.if i changed HDD to SAS port 1, server can boot n running fine for a while then popup this "EXT4-fs error ( devicesdX ) :ext4_find_error_entry : reading directory #131084 offset 0.

mpt2sas0: diag reset : FAILED.

at this point the MPT2BIOS detect 2 HDD with Same PRODUCT-ID on boot

note : check HDD no problem/error.

3. run diag test : express all passed.:emotion-43:

4. anyone know how to make MPT2BIOS detect only 1 HDD ?

thx in Adv

SOLVED!!!

No Events found!