Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 3rd, 2013 07:00

PowerEdge 1900 perc 5/I Controller Battery Replacement

I have a replace battery message in the Dell Open Manage Application for a Dell PowerEdge 1900 Perc 5/i controller. When I replace the battery will I lose the current RAID Setup? Also any procedures available for replacing the battery pack?

Thanks

Jeff Hicks

990 Posts

October 3rd, 2013 07:00

Here is a link to the manual, page 92 will give you the steps to replace the battery: ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_poweredge/poweredge-1900_Owner%27s%20Manual_en-us.pdf

Your RAID configuration is stored on the drives. Power down and replace the battery, then power it back up. If it asks, accept the configuration from the drives and proceed. 

Regards,

2 Posts

October 8th, 2013 07:00

Thanks for the help. The battery replacement was easier than I thought and it went smoothly without any problems

1 Message

October 31st, 2014 04:00

I followed the instructions to change the Battery on the SCSI Controller. Simple process. I was asked to accept the SCSI configuration which I did. The Server and the Battery are working properly. Thanks to all the nice people at Dell sales and support. We are very satisfied Dell customers.

No Events found!