Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 12th, 2014 01:00

PowerEdge R410 Help required virtual Drive Problem and additional drive

Hi All,

I Currently have a Problem with a PowerEdge R410 Server which is used to store CCTV footage for a Lenel Video System

The problem started when we Noticed the 3rd drive or disk 2 was flashing fault, so new ordered 2 new drives and replace the faulty drive which rebuilt itself on the raid same as before which was fine but noticed as before that the drive 2 virtual disk is only 125gb is this correct or is the failure of the drive shrunk the raid if so how can i expand the raid back to full size, hitting F2 doesn't give me the option of expanding the raid as its greyed out

also I have added a 4th drive which i would also like to add to the raid as well does this mean i have to delete the group and make a new one or is there a better option

my greatest concern is not to loose the boot partition as time consuming to get all lenel cctv software back on etc

so my question is 

1. how (if possible) do I restore the VD 2 to full 1800.00 GB

2. how do I add an Additional 1800gb Drive to the raid

Many thanks in Advance

• 

8.5K Posts

November 12th, 2014 06:00

KingFisherAU,

With the Virtual Disks sliced across 3 Physical Disks there could be a couple things we can try. First would be to verify if the controller is up to date on Driver and Firmware. After that is done I would attempt a Consistency Check and see what results it shows. What you would need to do is scroll down to VD 2 and then hit F2 and select Consistency Check then start.

I would handle this before extending the array, but once it is taken care of then you would use OpenManage and do a Reconfigure on the Virtual Disk and then select the new drive.

Let me know how it goes.

November 13th, 2014 00:00

Many thanks Chris for your reply

So as instructed I updated the firmware and drivers to the current release

and run a consistency check on the new 125gb virtual drive no problem found

I have installed Openmanage software all good so far

the problem i have is still the same , there is no option to expand the size of the disk 2 125gb (2tb)drive, do i need to take the hard drives offline to do this , looked in the help section but was limited 

and the new drive that i installed disk 3 the only option was to make it a raid 1 virtual drive also unable to find how to integrate it into the raid 5 set again do i need to take all drives offline 

the shot at the bottom is my concern that i do not lose the OS partition

the shot below showing options

many thanks Keiran

November 19th, 2014 01:00

so is this in the too hard basket ???

No Events found!