Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

April 2nd, 2014 08:00

PowerEdge T410 Hot Swap HDD chassis

We purchased a refurbished T410 to use as a spare for a production machine.  We didn't realize that there seems to be two configurations of T410's - one with Hot Swap HDD's, and one without.  The spare we purchased doesn't seem to have the Hot Swap chassis, and I am trying to find out how we can add this.  Is there a part number or way to configure the T410 for Hot Swap HD's?

I cannot seem to find any refurbished T410's with the Hot Swap Chassis - they seem to be in short supply.

990 Posts

April 2nd, 2014 10:00

brucegarlock,

These servers were only manufactured as cabled or  hot-swap. There are no conversion kits or parts available to convert to a hot-swap configuration. I checked the spare parts listing to confirm. 

Here is a link to the technical guide book: http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/pedge/en/server-poweredge-t410-technical-guide-book.pdf

Regards,

April 2nd, 2014 12:00

I was afraid of that.  Do you think the motherboard is the same though?  At least I can use that as a spare part?  We've had our share of capacitor's blowing on motherboards over the years, so if worse comes to worse, we can hopefully use the motherboard from this T410.  It looks like other than the hot swap chassis missing on our spare, that everything else is the same (RAID, RAM, Chip, etc..)

2.4K Posts

April 3rd, 2014 17:00

the motherboard is the same.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

April 3rd, 2014 21:00

Yes, the motherboard is the same ... the only differences will be related to the hot-swap functionality - chassis, backplane, and cable(s).

No Events found!