Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

July 13th, 2007 09:00

Poweredge 1800 - Flashing amber light

Hi,

The amber light on the front of my Poweredge 1800 is flashing and the error log reports the following:

Wed Jul 11 11:21:23 2007   -   Drive:Drive #7 asserted fault state

Wed Jul 11 11:21:23 2007   -   Drive:Drive #5 asserted fault state

Wed Jul 11 11:21:23 2007   -   Drive:Drive #3 asserted fault state

Wed Jul 11 11:21:23 2007   -   Drive:Drive #1 asserted fault state

Wed Jul 11 11:21:23 2007   -   Drive:Drive #0 asserted fault state

The fault has happened previously but then seemed to sort itself out. However, this time it hasn't appeared to do so. The message I got previously was:

BMC Intrusion sensor returned to normal

But when I check the health of the system all seems to absolutely fine.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andy

41 Posts

July 13th, 2007 11:00

Hello Andy,

BMC intrusion state indicate that server cover has been physically opened, have you or other person do maintenance on server ?

Have a look to chassis intrusion value in openmanage to verify if returns to normal (green).

Concerning drive asserted fault, according of numbers of drive concerned, maybe during an operation SCSi cable or Perc card has been moved, verify that you have no trouble concerning Raid configuration (no degraded logical drive or missing physically drive).

Have a look to system chassis and storage in openmanage if all is green you have to delete hardware and alert logs in order to change ESM led from orange to blue.

Maybe before deleting logs make a save to keep mark of what happen !!!

If after clearing log amber led still here, you maybe need to restart server in order to refresh software.

Hope this help !

Regards
Dramba

2 Posts

July 13th, 2007 13:00

Hi Dramba,

I didn't mean to leave the intrusion state in there - oops!

I've made a backup of the log files and as everything in Openmanage is green (which is what caused my confusion) I deleted the logs and the blue LED has returned so my mind is at ease now.

Thankyou very much for your reply.

Cheers

Andy
No Events found!