Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2016 12:00

Poweredge 2650 Drive Rebuild

So,

I was onsite to replace a degraded HD in a PowerEdge 2650. WindowsDisk 0 (RAID 1). The wrong drive (the good drive) was identified and pulled. The system immediately went down (of course). It was not until this point that I realized it was the wrong drive. I reseated the drive and replaced the degraded drive (Drive 1) with the replacement drive.

Now when I attempted to boot, I get the error message Container 0 in Critical state. When I go into PERC 3, it shows that virtual disk 0 RAID 1 is missing a drive. I have initialized the new disk.

I understand that I initially removed the container master disk. The OS will not boot.

How do I resolve this issue?

• 

6.2K Posts

December 2nd, 2016 12:00

Hello

If the data is critical and you do not have a valid tested backup then you should contact a data recovery company. Any attempt to force the array back online has risks.

You can attempt to force the drive that was incorrectly removed online. I would suggest that you do so with the other disk removed from the system. If your controller supports forcing disks online then it will be mentioned in the manual:

www.dell.com/support/home/Products/ser_stor_net/dell_adapters

Thanks

No Events found!