Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2012 13:00

Poweredge 2900 E171F PCIE Fatal Err B0 D5 F0 then MPT BIOS Fault 13h encountered at adapter PCI (02h, 08h, 00h)

Hello,

One of our users have a PowerEdge 2900 server that first was giving an Poweredge 2900 E171F PCIE Fatal Err B0 D5 F0 error, then after asking the user to remove and reseat the card as per the online documention for the E171F error 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

, after plugging back the power cord and rebooting the system the user reports it gives the following error : MPT BIOS Fault 13h encountered at adapter PCI (02h, 08h, 00h) 

The troubleshooting Expansion Cards step-by-step (  refers to an online diagnostic test at step #1 (Run the appropriate online diagnostic test. See Using the System Setup Program.) Would it be the Dell Diagnostics ( http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&docid=52057&doclang=en&l=en&s=gen&cs=)? I couldn't find any reference to a diagnostic test here : <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

This server is out of warranty so I need to know if this issue is fixable (i.e. flashing the card BIOS) or if the card should be replaced, or what are the possible other options.

3 Posts

The user says that he powered down the server, opened it and that thee is only 1 PCI type card, he removed and reseated it.  The he powered back up the server and it doesn't complete boot, giving the error MPT BIOS Fault 13h encountered at adapter PCI (02h, 08h, 00h).

3 Posts

The card is a DEll Model UCS-51

No Events found!