Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

December 18th, 2009 03:00

Poweredge 2900 needs more drive space

I have a client that has a Poweredge 2900 with PERC 5/i RAID Controller Integrated RAID controller. I need to add a drive and use some of that drive to increase the C: partition where the OS resides. I have 278gb of total disk space. This system came with Dell drives. What drives do you think are in there and what can I add on to it?

777 Posts

December 27th, 2009 00:00

Well there are two possiable likley configurations: = 292 total space less dell utility partition gets you around 278 GB

1) RAID 5 with 5x 73 GB drives

2) RAID 5 with 3x 146 GB drives

The Drives will be SAS, but I cannot tell from the provided info if they will be 10k or 15k RPM.

9.3K Posts

December 27th, 2009 14:00

I have a client that has a Poweredge 2900 with PERC 5/i RAID Controller Integrated RAID controller. I need to add a drive and use some of that drive to increase the C: partition where the OS resides. I have 278gb of total disk space. This system came with Dell drives. What drives do you think are in there and what can I add on to it?

More information is needed.

- what is your current raid configuration? (raid 5 (how many disks of which size?), raid 1 (would be 2 x 300GB (SAS or SATA?)), raid 10, raid 0, single disk)?

- what is your partition layout? Just the diagnostics partition and the C-partition, just a single full size partition (C-drive), or multiple partitions? -> if the C-drive isn't the 'last partition' when looking in disk management, increasing the C-drive's partition will take some planning)

- what version of Windows? (you refer to the C-drive, so it's Windows, but is it 2003 or 2008?

No Events found!