Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

14 Posts

May 12th, 2022 11:00

R620 Predicitive Failure with drive swap

Hello,

I have an R620 with a RAID 1.  One of the drives showed failed(amber light), I hot swapped that drive with a brand new one and it rebuilt. The new drive is still flashing amber/green. Would this problem be something with another piece of hardware since the drive is brand new?

• 

4.1K Posts

May 12th, 2022 19:00

Hi, Shine's correct- you need to check through OMSA or the controller to make sure.
Of course what you said alone-The new drive is still flashing amber/green- seems to have you do have a disk issue.

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

May 12th, 2022 19:00

Is the new drive from Dell? Can you share the details and part number of the drive. Can you also check the drive status in iDRAC or OMSA?

14 Posts

May 15th, 2022 06:00

The disk is a Dell disk. iDRAC and OMSA are not setup, server was a hand me down from another location. I will probably have to just end up rebooting and going into BIOS to check things out(we run 24/7, so will be hard to do). 

Weird part is when I pulled the old drive out the server LCD stayed blue and didn't change to orange when I pulled the old drive out. The server didn't seem to acknowledge that the drive was pulled or missing. This is why I am thinking something is up with another piece of hardware on the server.

• 

4.1K Posts

May 15th, 2022 18:00

What does your Raid controller say could you tell us?
 Also you said you are on RAID 1: what RAID controller do you use?

• 

8.8K Posts

May 17th, 2022 07:00

I would recommend that you configure the iDrac, as well as install OMSA, as we need to know the current status of the drives and virtual disk to accurately advise on how to resolve. If we just assume and move forward it can cause data loss.

14 Posts

May 17th, 2022 07:00

It has PERC H310. I would have to restart to go into BIOS to see what the controller says.

No Events found!