Highlighted
Markesss
1 Copper

R620 can the H710 and S110 be used at the same time?

Jump to solution

We have an R620 with an H710 minicard connected to a 4 Disk backplane which is populated with 4 SAS drives.

Is it possible to use the integrated S110 to connect additional disks with the H710 enabled? 

I'd be connecting external disks by running a cable from the S110 connector to an SFF 8087 to 8088 bulkhead adapter that fits in a PCIE slot opening (without plugging into the PCIE slot itself).

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: R620 can the H710 and S110 be used at the same time?

Jump to solution

Markesss,

Using both controllers wouldn't be supported, as well when you install the H710 the embedded controller is disabled.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Markesss
1 Copper

R620 is it possible to use H710 and S110 at the same time?

Jump to solution

I have an R620 with an H710 minicard connected & 4 Disk backplane.  Is it possible to use the S110 for additional drives at the same time, with the H710 enabled?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Markesss,

Using both controllers wouldn't be supported, as well when you install the H710 the embedded controller is disabled.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Markesss
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick reply.  Apologies for the duplicate post, the system notified me my original was marked as Spam, so I did a new one.

0 Kudos