Unsolved

JR

1 Rookie

• 

90 Posts

September 19th, 2022 01:00

R630 iSCSI IOPS less than expected

Hi all,

We have a R630 using VMWare7 and a MSA1050 storage system with a 10Gbps SFP+ card 942V6 X520-DA2 connected directly to server with DAC cables. We have noticed red/write issues, same disks connected directly to server works like expected. We suspect network card could be doing a bottle neck. Maybe this network card is too old and another more modern would work better? Any thoughts?  

Regards,

• 

8.4K Posts

September 19th, 2022 06:00

Jtejada.Ralco,

I would start with making sure that the server is up to date on BIOS, iDrac, raid controller, NIC, as well as drives. After that then I would retest and see if the performance has improved. If not then you may want to do a traceroute to see where the slow down is. 

Let me know what you see.

1 Rookie

• 

90 Posts

September 21st, 2022 00:00

A traceroute don't have sense because storage is directly connected to server with DAC cables. 

I am checking there is a new X710 chipset but some people have experienced issues with VMWare and this card. I am also checking that card is PCIe 2.0 so. Could we propose alternative SFP+ card from another manufacturer or alternative PCIe 3.0 card?

Thank you,

• 

3.1K Posts

September 21st, 2022 02:00

Hi @jtejada.ralco,

Have you confirmed about what Chris mentioned, to make sure the server's firmware are up-to-date? Also, could you confirm with HP that your storage is on the latest firmware, both the controller and drives. We would not be able to confirm if a PCIe 2.0 and 3.0 can make a difference, as we do not have the similar equipment to check on. Could you also check if you're running the required driver version of X520-DA2 based on VMWare's HCL.

No Events found!