Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 10th, 2013 08:00

RAID 1 + RAID 5 Degraded on Poweredge R510 with Perc S300

Hi,

I have a poweredge with the following RAID configuration:

• Disk 0 and Disk 1 - RAID 1 (OS)
  • Diso 2, Disk 3, Disk 4 and Disk 5 (Spare) - RAID 5 (DATA)

On the OenManage appears the following info:

How can I fix this problem?

Thank you

2 Posts

July 10th, 2013 09:00

No, anything changed and the OMSA doesn't have any alert logs.

Yes, I have a backup.

It is possible to reconstruct the RAID without losing data?

• 

8.5K Posts

With the S300 there is not a way to recreate the array, but there are some things that we can try. First let’s get a DSET report and copy it to a different system in case we need any information from OMSA later. Choose the create local report option.

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01378061M/1/Dell_DSET_3.4.0.271.exe

In OMSA see if the virtual disk page has a dropdown for the virtual disks and if there is a rescan option to try and detect the drives.

If that doesn’t work reboot and go into the controller with ctrl+R and let’s see what the controller shows for the drive states. Possibly perform a rescan in the controller as well. For the RAID 1 you may be able to set drive 1 as a hotspare if it is in a ready state and see if it will rebuild. Try to reseat the drives and see if there is any change. The RAID 5 is going to be more difficult to repair and will probably need to be deleted and then recreated and the backup restored.

• 

8.5K Posts

It seems like it lost its RAID configuration as it is seeing the RAID 1 twice and the RAID 5 as non-raid disks for the two that are online and the rest are missing and in a ready state. Has anything changed since it was working? Are there any errors in the hardware or alert logs in OMSA? Do you have a backup?

No Events found!