Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2012 08:00

RAID Controller Upgrade

Hi,

I've recently ordered a PERC H710p RAID controller to upgrade my current H310 that's sitting in a PowerEdge R720.

When I do the upgrade, do I need to do a firmware upgrade and would an upgrade kill my eixsting disks? The disks are in a RAID 10 configuration.

If anyone has some quick notes on this, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• 

8.8K Posts

December 11th, 2012 08:00

Ettringite99,

I would suggest running the updates to get it current. Also, you may see they controller showing the VD's as Foreign, that is due to it seeing a different controllers config on them. Hit F2 from the VD and select Import Foreign Config and select to import. That should make the array be accessable.

Let me know how it goes.

1 Rookie

• 

34 Posts

January 3rd, 2013 02:00

Cheers for the information, I'll give that a go.

1 Rookie

• 

34 Posts

January 7th, 2013 11:00

Hi Chris,

I've installed a Perc H710p RAID controller from a H310. Interestingly enough, I never got an option to import\save configuration data - the disk configuration was automatically picked up :-)

From the DRAC screen it shows:

H710p firmware version - 21.02-0001

I tried to update the firmware using the lifecycle controller, however it's a little complicated as the DRAC network isn't allowed to connect to the internet directly, but onboard NIC card is (provided the correct vlan tag is added) -within the BIOS I can only find settings for updating the DRAC settings, not the NIC settings.

I've had a look online at the Dell download pages:

www.dell.com/.../63W7G5J

I'm not sure whether I can used the "Perc H710p mini monotholic" or whether I just need PERC H710p embeded?

Thanks

No Events found!