Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2015 10:00

RAID battery still showing up as failed in OMSA after being replaced

We ordered a replacement battery after finding that Dell OMSA indicated that the RAID battery was failed and subsequently replaced it. However, upon starting the server back up, it still says that the battery is failed.

Now, I have already re-inserted the battery cable into the battery again as well as the other end of the cable into the controller card, but still get the same error.

Unfortunately the server is 8 years old and so no longer has warranty support. What would you suggest as the next steps in troubleshooting this issue? Is this something that updating the RAID controller firmware to the latest version could fix (i.e. a bug), or do I need to perhaps try replacing the entire controller card next?

Thanks for the assist!

~Joe

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 20th, 2015 08:00

Hello.

Sometimes out of date firmware may lead to false alerts. What is the server model and controller that you are using? What about OMSA? Check to ensure that DRAC/BMC, BIOS and controller firmware is up to date.

3 Posts

December 3rd, 2015 16:00

The drivers and firmware are indeed out of date on this. My apologies for the slow response. Apparently the email notifications that this was replied to did not go through or were not sent. I will have to look into that.

Regardless, I will get these updated and if that does not resolve the problem then I will get back to you. Thanks for the assistance!

3 Posts

December 3rd, 2015 16:00

The drivers and firmware are indeed out of date on this. My apologies for the slow response. Apparently the email notifications that this was replied to did not go through or were not sent. I will have to look into that.

Regardless, I will get these updated and if that does not resolve the problem then I will get back to you. Thanks for the assistance!

9 Posts

December 17th, 2015 06:00

I'm guessing your battery is fine now. Please do update the forum if this is the case. It helps other users who may have the same or similar problem.

In my experience it takes a short while before the server acknowledges the new battery unless the replacement battery is faulty.

August 2nd, 2021 16:00

How long does it normally take for the error to go away? I replaced it 3 hours ago still does the 1121 battery error. I haven't checked the firmware yet but will attempt to in a bit if it continues.

• 

3.4K Posts

August 3rd, 2021 00:00

Hi,

Can you check if in OMSA, what is the battery status? 

Let's update the firmware and check if the issue still persist. 

Can you let me know what server model, PERC card and Battery DPN# that you have replace.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2021 13:00

Give it 24 hours. If it still shows the error, clear the hardware event log.

No Events found!