Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JJ

February 9th, 2018 06:00

Raid 1+0 (Raid 10) Recovery

I am in desperate need of recovery of a Raid 10 system. Here's the background.

I was given 4 (4tb) hard drives from a system, and told it was configured raid 10 or 1+0. I was given only the hard drives, no machine and no configuration information. The drives weren't labeled so I don't know what order they should be in. I need to be able to rebuild the server using another Dell server which has the Perc 6\I bios firmware/software.

Is there anyway to recreate the RAID so I can recover the drives, I have a Dell PowerEdge server with 6 bays that I can use, but at this point I'm not sure it will work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Will

• 

6.2K Posts

February 9th, 2018 09:00

Hello

Please send a private message with your service tag to ensure we have all appropriate information on your system.

Thanks

February 9th, 2018 11:00

Ok, so I am very new to the forum and though I have looked, I haven't found how to send a private message yet.

Daniel please let me know how to do this, as I have read some of your post and would really like to talk to you. I am contractor for a Government entity, and I am sure there is a Dell support license. However the equipment I am attempting to use is older equipment and has been repurposed.

Any help would be most appreciated

Jae

• 

6.2K Posts

February 9th, 2018 11:00

When logged in you should see a mail/envelope icon in the top right. If you select that icon you should have the option to create a "New Message".

DSfadf.png

No Events found!