Start a Conversation

Unsolved

TA

4 Posts

March 21st, 2019 05:00

Sense Errors and VERY slow read from arrays, R720, H710p

Alert log shows the following error for ALL drives constantly. Write speeds are great, read speeds are abysmal to both the OS RAID1 and the Data RAID10. Is this a RAID card issue, a backplane issue? Mobo? I can't find a list of these sense codes anywhere.

Here are a few examples, these happen literally every second in the alert logs in Openmanage.

Unexpected sense. SCSI sense data: Sense key: B Sense code: 81 Sense qualifier: 7: Physical Disk 0:1:9 Controller 0, Connector 0

Unexpected sense. SCSI sense data: Sense key: B Sense code: 81 Sense qualifier: 7: Physical Disk 0:1:8 Controller 0, Connector 0

Unexpected sense. SCSI sense data: Sense key: B Sense code: 81 Sense qualifier: 7: Physical Disk 0:1:9 Controller 0, Connector 0

Unexpected sense. SCSI sense data: Sense key: B Sense code: 81 Sense qualifier: 7: Physical Disk 0:1:2 Controller 0, Connector 0

• 

8.8K Posts

March 21st, 2019 07:00

TimH Alltek,

The sense key B is indicating an Aborted Command. Would you confirm if you are seeing any amber lights, anything marked on the Physical Disks in OMSA, or if there a drive listed as YES for Predicted Failure. Lastly are you up to date on the servers updates, specifically the BIOS, iDrac, and raid controller and also running the latest OMSA version? 

If everything is up to date would you run a TSR using Support Assist, or a Dset report? Then let me know when done and I will message my email to you. 

Let me know.

Keep in mind I show these errors constantly for ALL disks, across two arrays. 10x6TB, 7200RPM SAS drives in the Data RAID10, and 2x 300GB SAS disks for the OS partion RAID1.

None of the physical disks show predictive failure, firmware, bios, etc are up to date.

• 

8.8K Posts

March 22nd, 2019 12:00

Is the server, specifically the BIOS, iDrac, raid controller, as well as drives, all up to date on firmware?

No Events found!