Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

January 4th, 2017 20:00

T110 II with PERC S100/S300 RAID 1 - need Intel RST

I need to be able to send emails re the status of this RAID 1 on .  Intel RST seems like a good way to do that as I have on other Dell servers with this kind of RAID.

I've not been able to find the right download / install.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

January 4th, 2017 22:00

Hmm ... I don't see how Intel's RST is going to help you here. It can't talk to the PERC to get the status of the disks.

Use OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA) and either OpenManage Essentials, iDRAC, or something like DellSMTPNotify to send email.

24 Posts

January 5th, 2017 13:00

OK.  Thanks for the reply!

Part of my problem is that I'm not familiar with all those "things".  

I have used RST in more recent machines (but maybe not PERC-based?)  

I have found OMSA on these older T110 II machines and now have found an email capability in there.  It's rather clunky but at least it's there.

I don't know what iDRAC or DellSMTPNotify are - or if they are compatible with these machines... ??

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

January 5th, 2017 14:00

I have used RST in more recent machines (but maybe not PERC-based?)  

Yeah, can't have been PERC-based.

I don't know what iDRAC or DellSMTPNotify are - or if they are compatible with these machines... ??

iDRAC is not an option on a T110 II, but it is a management device that operates separately from the server ... it can be set up to email notifications. OMSA, while it does have SMTP settings, cannot be itself send email alerts, so DellSMTPNotify (small, effective third-party tool) can be used to translate alerts to emails and send them.

No Events found!