Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 18th, 2014 12:00

T320 PERC H710: No RAID Configuration to RAID 10

I am looking to purchase a T320 server with a PERC H710 RAID controller. The server will have six 1TB SAS drives. The operating system will be Windows Server 2012 Standard, which I will purchase with the server. I would like to purchase the server with “no RAID configuration” and then configure the six drives as one RAID 10 array once I receive the server. If the server ships with “no RAID configuration”, will Windows Server 2012 be pre-installed? Or will I need to install the OS after I configure the RAID level?

If I have to install the OS, can I use the Lifecycle Controller to do so?

Thank you

• 

6.2K Posts

September 18th, 2014 15:00

Hello

If the server ships with “no RAID configuration”, will Windows Server 2012 be pre-installed?

No, if there is no RAID array created then there will be nothing to install the operating system on.

If I have to install the OS, can I use the Lifecycle Controller to do so?

Yes, there is an OS installation option in the LCC. It will prep the installation and prompt you to insert the OS DVD when it is ready.

Thanks

September 19th, 2014 08:00

Thank you.  When configuring the server, I have to select a RAID configuration in order to purchase Windows Server 2012 with the server.  Therefore, would it be best to select RAID 0 with the six drives and then once I receive the server, change the RAID configuration to RAID 10 and re-install Windows Server 2012?

Thank you

• 

6.2K Posts

September 19th, 2014 10:00

Thank you.  When configuring the server, I have to select a RAID configuration in order to purchase Windows Server 2012 with the server.  Therefore, would it be best to select RAID 0 with the six drives and then once I receive the server, change the RAID configuration to RAID 10 and re-install Windows Server 2012?

Yes, if you need to choose a RAID level to purchase the operating system then select one. The RAID level will not matter since you will be deleting and creating your own RAID array.

Thanks

No Events found!